- The fact that Jennifer Lawrence + The Hunger Games together won 6 out of 7, of the awards they were nominated for at the People’s Choice Awards, last Wednesday, 9/01/13. Awards won included: Favourite Movie (The Hunger Games), Favourite Movie Actress (Jennifer Lawrence), Favourite Action Movie (The Hunger Games), Favourite Face of Heroism (Jennifer Lawrence), Favourite Movie Franchise (The Hunger Games) and Favourite On-Screen Chemistry (Josh/Jen/Liam – The Hunger Games). I’m so proud of them! Plus, Jen was nominated for an Oscar for her newest movie Silver Lining Playbook!
- I learnt that Supernatural would be returning to Australian TV’s. Yes, there I was, sitting there at dinner, when an ad for the return of Season 8 came on, and I started fangirling, as I saw the boys in all there glory! Super excited for this! If you live in Australia, Supernatural Season 8 returns Monday 21st of January, 8:30pm, Channel 11. See you there 😉 Oh, and Supernatural also won two awards at the People’s Choice Awards – Favourite TV Fan Following and Favourite Sci/Fi Fantasy TV Show- yay, go us!
- I saw Life of Pi. The award-winning movie, directed by Ang Lee and based on the best selling novel by Yann Martel. The movie was completely different from what I expected, and the ending, well, it blew me out of the water. The ending shocked me, it was so unexpected, it was a twist in the tale I didn’t see coming. But the visuals were stunning, even though I didn’t see it in 3D. The scenery and the way Lee, tells a story is magical. If you haven’t heard about Life of Pi, you must be living under a rock. I recommend you see it, just once at least. I probably wouldn’t watch it again, but you just have to watch it, to understand all the hype around it, and to say that I saw it.
- I went to Hanging Rock, last weekend, after watching ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’, the 1975 movie by Peter Weir. The movie is based on the book of the same name, by Australian author, Joan Lindsay, published in 1967. I visited the popular attraction with my family, and a few family friends. It was a blast. We spent a couple of hours, trekking up to the rock base, and exploring all the nooks and crannies. After our visit there, we had lunch at a local fish and chip shop, and did a little shopping. A very good but tiring day
- And, my final highlight of the week is getting to hang with two of my friends that I haven’t seen in a few weeks. We just get to chill, and hang out, and watch movies and Supernatural, for a while. It’s going to be amazing!
So, I’m off, to go have some fun with my friends.
Goodnight and Goodbye.