Yes, I know today is Wednesday. But considering that I completely forgot to do my weekly Monday’s Quotes, and that I’m going to be away on Friday, I thought I’d meet in the middle and do them today, in one big post.
First, Monday Quotes. Today happens to actually be my younger sister’s 13th Birthday! So, I’ve searched the internet to find some interesting quotes about birthdays.
- You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’ ~ Jerry Seinfeld
- “Seventeen, eh!” said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred.
“Six years to the day we met, Harry, d’yeh remember it?”
“Vaguely,” said Harry, grinning up at him. “Didn’t you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig’s tail, and tell me I was a wizard?”
“I forge’ the details,” Hagrid chortled.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.”
― Larry Lorenzoni
- “The best birthday present I ever got from my grandpa was a skinny black tie. It didn’t come in a bag, a box, or even rolled up in tissue paper. It came wrapped in wisdom. As soon as he gave it to me he said, “A tie would make a stronger impression on your boss if you used it as a blindfold and kidnapped him. That‘s why I bought you a black one.” ― Jarod Kintz, American Association for the Advancement of Aardvarks Presents: Dear Natalie
Now for Friday’s Highlights! Usually I’d do my Top 5, but considering half the week hasn’t even come yet I’ll do my Top 3.
- Today is my sister’s birthday. Yeah, it’s not that good but we get to go out for dinner with my family and family friends, so that’s a plus!
- I’m going with my family and my neighbours, to their beach house for two nights, so that should be good!
- Jennifer Lawrence won a golden globe for her performance in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’. Good for her, she’s so awesome! And I know there’s all this drama about her saying ‘I beat Meryl’ in her acceptance speech, but apparently it was just a line from a movie, so everyone should just calm down!
So there’s my Top 3 highlights and Monday’s Quotes for this week!
And, there’s only like 5 days until Supernatural Season 8 Returns to Australian TVs, so weeeeew!